My drawings explore a psychological space of object interpretation and symbolism through the traditions of still life observation. The behaviours of Object Attachment Theory, perception and memory have led me to produce a body of work that explores partly-internal, partly-external psychological worlds that pivot somewhere between the familiar and the incomprehensible. My drawings are time-based, focusing on the labour of the observational look that enables the de-construction of form, and the chiselling away of the prevailing object through landscapes of filmic duration.
School of Humanities
MA Painting, 2017
+44 (0)7824 531901
- BA Drawing and Applies Arts, Uiversity of the West of England, 2014.
- Under the See, The Crypt Gallery, London, 2017.; Royal College of Art WIP, London, 2016.; Secret Postcard, Royal College of Art, London, 2016.; Synecdoche, Christmas Steps, Bristol, 2015.; First Impressions, View Art Gallery, Bristol, 2014.; Black & White, The Fringe, Bristol, 2014.; Synecdoche, Embassy Tea Gallery, London, 2014.; UWE: Creative Industries Degree Show, Bristol, 2014.; F Block Space, Bower Ashton, Bristol, 2014.; By Natural Causes, Parlour Showrooms, Bristol, 2013.; DAA, Corinium Museum, Cirencester, 2013.; Art Coture Painswick, 2013.; Departure, F Space, UWE Bower Ashton, Bristol, 2012.
- Nigel KIngslake-Jones Prize, 2014.; First Impressions Award by The View Gallery, Bristol, 2014.
- Visiting speaker, Camberwell College of Art, February 2017.; Visiting speaker, University of Reading, March 2017.
- UWE Degree show Publication, 2014.