It's Time to Relax With Confidence
A sculptural acoustic installation activated by spectators following scores constructed by the artist. The work points to the imaginary of sound through absence to engage the viewer with acts of listening.
School of Arts & Humanities
MA Contemporary Art Practice, 2019
+44 (0)7972 228722
Demelza Woodbridge is a London based multi-disciplinary artist primarily working with performance, sound, installation and collaborative forms of practice to disrupt and challenge dominant cultural narratives. Her works engage with the vitality of presence to explore shifting hierarchical relationships that exist between the body and things.
- Graduate Diploma in Fine Art, Chelsea College of Arts, University of the Arts London, 2016
- BA Fine Art Workshop Leader, Chelsea College of Art, University of the Arts London, 2019
- Art Wynwood, New Apostles Gallery, Miami, 2019; Unsound : Undead, Spike Island, Bristol, 2018; 'I Come in the End the Best is Over', Dyson Gallery, London, 2017; 'Images of the Others', Kommunale Galerie, Berlin, 2016
- 'Tell Us About It', University of the Arts London Award, 2017; The Dean’s Award, Chelsea College of Art, 2017
- Big Invisible Fridge, European Women of Colour Conference, Savvy Contemporary, 2018