a painting is a silent thing
The main body of text in my dissertation uses writing as a way of thinking.
There is an interest in the relationship between the artist, artwork and viewer. The writing style is the thread that connects them.
The writing is exploratory. The footnotes are used to further explain some of my thoughts and research.
School of Humanities
MA Print, 2017
+44 (0)7734 319511
My work is about touching and being, looking at the way things function.
It’s about how we may think about something.
It’s about how things are looked at.
The body of work functions like organic mechanisms of the every day, heightening our awareness of the importance of the world.
My work touches upon Modernism in a formal way. In abstraction – the shapes, colours and lines that make up work. It always carries an emphasis on materials and processes.
It’s an exploration of materiality. It’s about surfaces – emphasising the tactility between the physical making and the digital realm.
- BA Fine Art (Hons) Newcastle
- Guest speaker, Symposium: The Relevance of Print in Contemporary Art Education, Print Biennale, Newcastle, 2017; Artist talk, Plymouth College of Art, Plymouth 2017; Co-Founder of UnstapledPress, Newcastle, 2015; Student representative for RCA Print Students, 2015–2017
- Output, CGP, London 2017; Notice:, RCA Dyson Building, London 2016; DIS PLAY, CGP, London 2016; WIP Show Open House, London 2016; NCL Degree Show, SCIN Gallery, London 2015; GRABADORAS, 36 Lime Street, Newcastle 2015; Proof, XL Gallery, Newcaslte 2014; 2D, Long Gallery, Newcastle 2012
- NCL's Illustrator of the Year, 2015; Bluewolf Scholarship
- iArtBook 101 Artists: Animal Kingdom, Pandora Publications; Alliterati, Issue 11, 2011