No One Told You I Was from the Future
I aim to bring back magical thinking as a strategy to access an altered state of consciousness and enter an alternative reality.
believe the question between fiction and reality is outdated: we live
in a porous world where the fine line is disappearing (again). I am
interested in this liminality 'in between' in materials, spaces,
As a Disco Shaman, I am creating a mystical apparatus.
My project encourages a contemplative and spiritual approach to our environment. Nourished by these experiences, the pieces act as an invitation to perceive the re-enchantment of our world.
School of Arts & Humanities
MA Jewellery & Metal, 2019
Chloe is a jeweller-storyteller.
Working with the resurgence of magic, in the witching hours of the twenty-first century, she is investigating her reality, forging the unreal from fragments of the real.
Using jewellery as a shamanic language, her pieces act as amulets that empower the wearer through their compelling symbolic qualities and deep sense of history – an essential component in this innovative interpretation of mythology.
Her work is set in liminality, merging organic/man-made, fake/imagined, raw material qualities with contemporary digital associations. It's a material exploration of a metaphysical dimension.
- BA (Hons) Jewellery Design, Central Saint Martins, University of the Arts London, 2016
- Design internship, Delfina Delettrez, Rome, 2016; Studio internship, Alexander Blank, Munich, 2015; Design internship, Solange Azagury Partridge, 2015
- '7 artists for 7 days', myday- byday gallery, Rome, 2019; 'Material Statements', RCA Dyson Gallery, London, 2019; 'Information Point', Lovaas Gallery, Munich Jewellery Week, 2019; 'Animism', Salzburg Fortress, 2018; 9 SEM Symposium Residency, Bratislava, 2017; 'Off the Shelf', Vitsoe Showroom, Munich Jewellery Week, 2017; MKG Arts & Crafts Fair 2016, Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe, Hamburg, 2016; 'White Canvas', Mint Gallery, London Design Festival, 2016; 'The Big Bang and you', Galerie 5052, Salzburg, 2016; Jewellery Design Degree Show, Central Saint Martins, London, 2016; 'Inspired', The Goldsmiths Centre, London, 2016
- Onno Boekhoudt Travel Award, 2018; Special Commendation: Best Use of Pearls, Winterson Company, 2016; J&J Bursary, 2014
- Jewellery Graduate Debuts Ethical Ring Collection at Valerio Jewellery, Central Saint Martins Jewellery Blog, 2016; Elaine Lip, New Designers, Magazine 1 GRANARY Issue 4, 2016; Graduates Central Saint Martins, Klimt02, 2016; Graduate Collection, Current Obsession, 2016; How to Conceptualise and Create Jewellery?, 1GRANARY, 2016