The Exquisite Cabinet
The Exquisite Cabinet features objects in which users can embed a snippet of story, carrying on a narrative chain. The system is inspired from the Surrealist game Exquisite Corpse and uses RFID technology.
School of Communication
MA Information Experience Design, 2014
My dissertation, 'Interpretive handling objects for mediating experiential learning in gallery settings', won a distinction. I have recently presented my research and practice at museum conferences, looking particularly at how creative, participatory and tactile experiences can encourage visitors’ engagement and create new insights into the artefacts on display.
Through my practice I create tools to encourage creativity and imagination that stimulate participants’ meaning-making, based on constructionist principles. My work encourages participants to both create and reflect on physical artefacts that are shared with others to open a dialogue from someone’s particular perspective, facilitating the emergence of new ideas.
During my MA I also worked on a variety of research projects which involved co-design, multimodal and art-based approaches, looking for example at Parkinson’s patients. More recently, I have been working on a year-long, AHRC-funded project to design video games for hospitalised children.
- BA Graphic and Media Desigh, London College of Communication, 2012; BTS Visual Communication, Ecole Superieure des Arts Appliqués Duperré, Paris, 2009
- Workshop leader, ReachOutRCA, London, 2013; Part-time exhibition designer, Acme Studios, London, 2011-13; Graphic designer internship, Museum of Modern Art, New York, 2010; Freelance reporter, Art Observed, New York, 2010-13
- Future Map, Lethaby Gallery, London, 2012
- Cultural Interfaces, Helen Hamlyn Centre for Design Award for BlackBerry Competition, 2013; International Society of Typographic Designer: ISTD, 2012
- 'Interpretive Handling Objects for Mediating Experiential Learning in Gallery Settings', Nodem: Beyond Control - The Collaborative Museum and its Challenges, Stockholm, 2013; 'Interpretive Handling Objects for Mediating Experiential Learning in Gallery Settings', CONTACT: The Future Museum Public: Approaches to Media and Meaning Making (PhD Seminar), Oslo, 2013; AHRC VideogamesNetwork: Developing videogames and play for hospitalised children, Copenhagen Play Festival, 2014