From the Place I am Looking at You (I Cannot See)
This project was created with the intention to re-frame the influence traditional photography had due to its masculine dominance on the field. Playing with the photographic traditional clichés of gender, exoticism and resemblance to nature, the work intends to escape from the obvious position we hold by default. This position makes the visible structures of constructing images accepted and ultimately invisible.
School of Humanities
MA Photography, 2015
+44 (0)7999 790418
I am an artist mostly working in photography and video. My interests span dualities, representation and the position of the viewer. Within these topics I have been exploring gender, power and nature, their relation with contemporary society and how they are represented in the media.
I constantly challenge my default position as a viewer and I engage with the problematics of imaging construction.
- BA Fine Art, Complutense University of Madrid, 2007
- Photographer and filmmaker, Victoria and Albert Museum, London, 2007–12
- Guest Room: Katrin Weber, Gallery F5,6, Munich, 2015; Group Show, KCUA Gallery, Japan, 2014; Work in Progress Show, Royal College of Art, London, 2014; Open Studios, Cité Internationale des Arts, Paris, 2014; Nonpareil, London Fashion Week, London, 2013; FilmLab Festival, Italy, 2013; LOOP VideoArt Festival, The Private Gallery, Spain, 2012; In-Sonora Festival, Instituto Europeo de Diseño, Madrid, 2011
- AHFAP Conference: 3D Photography at the Victoria and Albert Museum, 2011
- Guest Room: Katrin Weber, Dear Greif, 2015; Carlos Jimenez gets us up close and personal with the V&A's largest sculptural works, It´s Nice That, 2014