School of Humanities
MA Painting, 2014
Flexing hand on a wooden crane
The consequence of a studio practice observing elevated states,
Work around the sacred negotiated as profane.
A winged lion with five legs so that it can be whole twice.
Draining meaning out of images and objects, a liberty taken to manipulate things:
worship, death, by-products, ornaments; rethink, attach, pump them again into now - play with their materiality.
Pin - capped like a butterfly on the top of a fence, turning it floral.
Simultaneously strip its exteriority; drive it from a state of history myth and knowingness into an elevated state - one of excess.
Urn, a shadow underneath surfacing.
Use tactics of concealment, veiling and blunt exposure. Introduce a becoming through a series of material interpretations exploited to function differently: expect the studio to be a place
where harvested or made images
into an icon workshop, a performance platform or a print bed.
The sound of a green cloth being rested on a box with two flowered vases, three candles and a big book.
Performed, turned into…
Turn image into object, or one that bears the other
as something added and whole.
- BA Fine Art, Bezalel Academy of Art and Design in Jerusalem, 2011
- Assistant, Printmaking Workshop, Bezalel Academy of Art and Design in Jerusalem, 2011; Tutor of BFA and MFA students with learning disabilities, Bezalel Academy of Art and Design in Jerusalem, 2010-12; PAper workshop assistant, Bezalel Academy of Art and Design in Jerusalem, 2009
- Tuga, St Mary Aldemary, 2014; Walks With Sticks and Sounds Like Horses Putting Stones On Things, Kayma Gallery, Tel Aviv-Jaffa, 2013 ; Inoperative Mythology, Blyth Gallery, London, 2014 ; PTNG NOV, Henry Moor Gallery, Royal College of Art, London, 2013; Open Plan, Open Plan Space, London, 2013; Notes To Self, Dyson Gallery, Royal College of Art, London, 2013; Question, Reaction, Examination, Reaction, Alfred Gallery, Tel Aviv, MM1 Project, 2012; Shukran, Shlush Gallery, Tel Aviv, 2012; Israeli Landscape, Shorashim Gallery, Tel Aviv, 2012; MM1 - Re De We Construct, Arbeit Gallery, London, 2012; Docu-Performance, Artist's Studios Jerusalem, Jerusalem, 2012 ; Lunart, Lushy - Private Space for Contemporary Art, Tel Aviv, 2012; Fresh Paint Art Fair, 2012; Art Rotterdam, Young Masters CBK, Rotterdam, 2012; Enclave, Binyamin Gallery, Tel Aviv, 2012; Tsamud: Manofim 2011, Barbur Gallery, Jerusalem, 2011; Day Month Year, Daniel Gallery, Modern Art Israel Project, Tel Aviv, 2011; Graduate Exhibition, Bezalel Academy of Art and Design, Jerusalem 2011; Danna‘s Choice II – Contemporary Art, Jaffa, 2010; Art Meeting,Drawing in Between, UDK, Berlin, 2009
- Villiers David Travel Award, Royal College of Art. 2013; Clor–Bezalel Scholarship, Royal College Of Art London. 2012; Milgat Leejay Levene Art Scholarship, 2011; Excellence Award for Achievement, Bezalel 2011; Aileen Cooper Prize, 2010; History and Theory Excellence Award, Bezalel, 2010; Herman Struk Prize for Printmaking, 2009
- Lena Soffer, 'Talmud et espaces verts', Tenu'a: Atelier de pensee(s) juive(s), 155, 2014, pp 16-17; Angels Miralda Tena, An Inoperative Mythology: The contradiction of the Communal; The Extension of the Self, 2014, pp 10-15; Guy Gutman, Docu Performance: Catalogue, The Artists' Studios, Art Cube Gallery Jerusalem, 2012, pp 15-16; Bebecca Shyles, 'Review: MM1: De-Construct / Re-Construct / We-Construct ', The New Wolf (online), 2012 ; Anna McNay, review: 'De-Construct/Re-Construct/We-Construct: Israeli-British experimental art project', Interface (online), 2012; Hagit Peleg Rotem, 'Israeli Art In Art Rotterdam', Globes, 2012