Select a SchoolSchool of Design
Select a ProgrammeService Design
Select a StudentVivian George
Transforming the Wholesale Client Experience in Asset Management
The financial services market, particularly asset management, is being transformed by disruptive technological, regulatory, and a new generation of tech-savvy and picky investors. This project aims to help a leading asset management company create new ways to serve their wholesale clients, and in turn the next generation of investors. The brief was to work with the marketing team, portfolio managers, client advisors, market strategists and other front-line staff, as well as the clients and the high net worth individuals (HNWI) they serve.
Our role was to understand their evolving needs and develop an innovate suite of services that deliver more personalised, responsive and relevant content at a strategic, as well as transactional, level. We aim to exploit disruptive technologies, such as AI, data analytics and machine learning, to deliver the next generation of asset management services.
Our solution is a comprehensive marketing toolkit, which enhances the productivity of marketing and sales by helping them:
1. Categorise their wholesale clients.
2. Identifying the key contacts within those clients.
3. Tailoring marketing messages, reports and campaigns to their most valued clients and contacts.
School of Design
MA Service Design
I’m Vivian, and I consider myself to be a problem solver. Service design is about mastering the art of understanding people, organisations, systems, and the world around you; to craft unique solutions to problems. My approach to design is explorative, collaborative and provocative. I personally believe without understanding the right problem, we can never have the right solution!
Prior to the Royal College of Art, I majored in geography and economics, which provides an integrated, 'big picture' approach to understanding the intersection of human, economic and spatial logics. My background has provided me with an analytical and data-driven perspective to the design process.
- BSc Geography with Economics, London School of Economics and Political Science, 2017
- Design research, DBS Bank, Singapore, 2018; Marketing and events coordinator, Startupbootcamp InsurTech, London, 2017; Data analyst, Growth Studio, London, 2017
- Vernet, A., Khayesi, J.N.O, George, V., George, G., Bahaj, A.S. , “How does energy matter? Rural electrification, entrepreneurship, and community development in Kenya.” Energy Policy 126, 2019, 88-98.
- Asset Management Company
- Chee Ho Yoon, Service Design