Select a SchoolSchool of Design
Select a ProgrammeFashion Womenswear
Select a StudentRebecca Marsden
Tightly Knit? An investigation into the practice of knitting in the Faroe Islands, as a means of cross cultural adaption and integration within the island communities
Knitwear on Air
A series of aerial dance sequences in performance knit body suit. Performed by Anna Mc Donnell.
School of Design
MA Fashion Womenswear
Rebecca Marsden – Womenswear Knitwear
A practice driven by exploring moments of pressure and release has led to the development of a body of work that focuses on luxury performance knitwear garments.
Combing structure and moments of suspension, this collection has been developed and documented in an aerial dance context.
- BA Fashion Design, Limerick School of Art and Design, 2012
- Designer and creative director, Rebecca Marsden, Sligo, 2012–present; Lecturer, St Angela's College, Sligo 2014–2016; CraftED coordinator and facilitator, Design and Crafts Council of Ireland, Kilkenny, 2014–2017; Designer, Brown Thomas CREATE, Dublin, 2012–2016; Intern, Eudon Choi, London, 2011
- Santoni Pioneer Program, Shanghai, 2019; Science Foundation Ireland, Future/Fashion Residency, 2017; Institute of Designers in Ireland, IDI Fashion Design Award, 2016; Irish Fashion Innovation Award, Designer of the Year, 2014; Homi Makers Design Award, Milan, 2014; LIT, Graduate Award, Limerick School of Art and Design 2012
- Anne Tyrrell Memorial Fund, Janey Iornside Award
- BeMiva Filati, Fillpucci, Zegna Baruffa, UPW, Adidas
- Model: Nicola Brodie-Scott; Photographer: Rachel Hardwick; Film editor: Nicci James