Select a SchoolSchool of Design
Select a ProgrammeFashion Womenswear
Select a StudentMargot Vaaderpass
Margot Vaaderpass is a fashion and product designer with specialisation in knitwear. Focusing on materiality and production methods, her practice is led by the desire of finding new, more sustainable ways of navigating the fashion system.
Her journey towards her pilot collection began with the design for disassembly methodology that promotes the re-use of materials, with a recyclable shoe project that was exhibited in London at a multidisciplinary exhibition, A Sustainable Future, in November 2018. In December 2018 she showed a collaboration project on bio-design at the Burberry Material Futures Research Group exhibition. She contributed to Christopher Raeburn's AW19 collection with a knitwear capsule committed to producing zero waste, which was shown at London Fashion Week in January 2018.
Her Pilot collection is an exploration towards a mono-material approach, which eases material re-use and biodegradability. Her collection uses materials from natural sources only. The style aims to challenge what is normally associated with sustainable fashion and provides a sense of empowerment for modern women alongside comfort and ease. It’s a wardrobe of clothing that is a mixture of comfortable formalwear, knitted tailoring, refined loungewear and more sculptural pieces.
School of Design
MA Fashion Womenswear
Margot Vaaderpass is a womenswear fashion and product designer with a specialisation in knitwear. Focusing on materiality and production methods, her practice is led by the desire of finding new, more sustainable ways of navigating the fashion system.
- BA Fashion Design, Istituto Europeo di Design, Barcelona University of Westminster, London, 2013; AP Graduate in Design Technology and Business, VIA University College, Aarhus, Denmark, 2010
- Knitwear capsule for AW18/19, Christopher Raeburn, London, 2018; Womenswear designer, Ivo Nikkolo, Tallinn, 2016–2017; Junior womenswear designer, Monton, Tallinn, 2014–2016
- A Sustainable Future, RCA Dyson Gallery, London, 2018; Burberry Material Futures Research Group Exhibition, Battersea Power Station Village Hall, London, 2018
- Feel the Yarn, Knitwear Competition, Pitti Immagine, Italy, 2018
- Gruppo Filpucci Industrie Filati; Bysshe Partnership