Select a SchoolSchool of Design
Select a ProgrammeFashion
Select a StudentReiner Törner
A New Era of Trust
Cohesion between our names
In a stable paradigm of orientation
The resemblance to the word real
Reiner Törner; Elisabetta Silvestri
'A New Era of Trust', is a collaboration between Reiner Törner and Elisabetta Silvestri. It is an anti-climax to the devaluation of the image in fashion and culture, a response through clothing that retains life after the image. Based on a shared wardrobe, this is a body of work based on non-disposable garment archetypes.
'Reel' believes that design should be unobtrusive and honest instead of over saturating our lives. In comparison to the present cultural landscape, subtleties may be what makes these garments conspicuous or striking after all.
It is about design that values the wearer, that is not superficial or attention-seeking. In a classic fashion show context, at first these garments may not be recognised as extraordinary. Rather, their qualities and details are discovered when the observer or wearer engages with them. They are designed to infiltrate people's everyday lives, creating a personal connection to the wearer when worn.
They are not made to be meme-friendly.
School of Design
MA Fashion Menswear
- BA Fashion Design, Berlin University of the Arts, 2017; BA Fashion-Erasmus, University of Applied Arts Vienna, 2014
- Menswear, Maison Margiela, Paris, 2017; Menswear, J.W. Anderson, London, 2016–2017; Denim designer, men's and women's, H&M, 2016
- 'Recognizing Now,' arachne An Almanac on Clothing and Culture, 2019
- Imagine Talents, Kopenhagen Fur, 2019
- Elisabetta Silvestri, Fashion Menswear; Richard Szuman, Fashion Knitwear; Julia Santili, Fashion Menswear; Julia Bajanova; Wanda Wollinsky