Select a SchoolSchool of Design
Select a ProgrammeDesign Products
Select a StudentJihee Moon
PM2.5 Pollutant Soap – Boundary of Beauty and Danger
What if the soaps that we use to clean ourselves are made from particles the particles causing air pollution? Instead of cleaning, the soap would make your body dirtier, unhealthy and hurt. However, if you live in polluted places, the air itself affects you like this soap. These soaps are made of air pollutants. They show how much you inhale the polluted air and how harmful it is.
By simultaneously combining and contrasting the pretty looking soaps with air pollution, the project is a critique for society to understand the seriousness of pollution, and encourage a movement for social change.
School of Design
MA Design Products
- +44 (0)7366385428
- +82 1067819876
- [email protected]
I am a Royal College of Art Design Products student, studying metal crafts and industrial design, designing new experiences by stimulating people's emotions with various materials and experiments. I aim to convey my thinking and sensibility about general problems and issues to people, and link the existence that is me, others, and space, with the product as the medium.
- BA Fine Arts, Konkuk University, Seoul, South Korea, 2015
- Full-time design assistant , AWA Lighting Designers (specialist lighting architects), New York, 2013–2014; Assistant designer, part-time, Beanpole Accessory (Samsung fashion brand), Seoul, South Korea, 2016; Freelancer designer, Garosu Mansion, Seoul, South Korea, 2016
- Blend House, Milan Design Week, 2019; Ventura Future, Milan Design Week, 2019; Provoke, Unlearn, Change: Designing Perspectives, Venice Design, 2019; Interzum, Cologne, Germany, 2019
- Alistair Welch, Experimentation and Risk Taking Work in Progress Show, 2019 New Design,136, 2019, 44-45p; Alys Bryan, Trend Report Milan Design Week 2019, Design Insider, 2019; Marlou van Gennep – Jansma, Highlights Milan Design Week 2019, Maker-thing, 2019
- Product Part, International K Design Award, 2015; Achievement Prize Metal Crafts Part, Korea Crafts Award, 2014; Special Prize, Jewellery Design Award, 2013