Select a SchoolSchool of Arts & Humanities
Select a Programme
Select a StudentKatarina Stupavska
Show RCA work
One of the oldest printing techniques that inspired Katarina was etched money. In particular, the colourful layering, complexity, copying and concept of money as a powerful tool to control society.
Topics such as Brexit, virtual money and earning money are part of our daily lives. To translate this large topic, she used human greed throughout history as an inspiration. The second half of her collection is a reflection of what she saw around her in connection to money, power and control.
Every viewer can have a different experience by looking at these delicate objects and being confronted or asking the questions.
Katarina’s dissertation research was about decorative art such as stained glass windows and light. She made unique laser-cut frames and lamps, using hand-cut French cathedral glass in the shape of sacred geometry.
School of Arts & Humanities
Katarina has a fashion, interior and decorative background, but at RCA she got the chance to research the thin line between art and design.
- BA Fashion, Technology and Design, Amsterdam Fashion Institute, 2013; Pre-Study Course, ArtEZ University of the Arts, Arnhem, 2010
- Artist residency and Master's research, Cité internationale des Arts, Paris, 2018; Owner, Katarina Stupavska print design, Amsterdam, 2013–19; Freelance print designer (clients: Van der Valk hotels, PTC Holland clinic in Delft, Die port van Cleve hotel in Amsterdam, 't Hotel in Amsterdam, Baden Baden in Amsterdam), 2013–17; Internship, Mary Katrantzou Atelier, London, 2012; Cover design, 'Bling Bling Baby' by Nadine Barth, 2017
- CGP Gallery, London, 2019; Dyson Gallery, London, 2018
- Vt wonen magazine, March 2017, p.22; Profit Magazine, Issue 24, pp.52-54; Dreamy Walls, April 2017, p.12
- 2nd Best Hotel Design in the Netherlands, Entree Magazine, 2018
- Schuurman Schimmel-van Outeren Stichting; Marco Bolderheij Interior Design
- Reijnders in the Netherlands