Select a SchoolSchool of Arts & Humanities
Select a ProgrammePainting
Select a StudentLucía de Palau
Lucía de Palau
Show RCA work
Of never told memories
Wandering around the dark understory.
Like thousands of tell-tale hearts
Muted-beating under the carpet.
Of never heard chords
Looking for a source of light
like thousands of transsexual hearts
Waiting to be loved under the sunlight
School of Arts & Humanities
- +34 677 653038
- [email protected]
I look for alternative ways of storytelling. On the journey to find these narratives, it opens up a playground for experimentation through the ontology of materials as storytellers, as holders of something in the state of transformation. I think about my work as a poetic rhythm of becoming utopia in matter. It combines the aim for a melancholy of forgotten stories and the hope for unknown future scenarios. Everything circulates around an ambiguous territory of beauty and darkness, creation and ruin. A space with a set of different material combinations which presents a particular way of inhabiting space through the sense of change, care and rhythm. As an alternative possibility: an encounter with material speculations and their belonging in fiction.
I work with installations, video and music. I strongly believe in the power of creating divergent narratives, in order to get the agency of misrepresented stories.
- BA Painting, Camberwell College of Arts, University of the Arts London, 2016; BA Fine Art, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 2016; BA Graphic Design, IDEP Barcelona, 2012
- Tutor, University of the Creative Arts (UCA), Canterbury, 2019; Tutor, Camberwell College of Arts, University of the Arts London, 2019
- 'Island Exhibition', Enys House, Cornwall, 2019; 'Crossroad', Hoxton 253 Art Project Space, London, 2019; 'Thumbnails', Hockney Gallery, RCA, London, 2018; Nakanojo Biennale, Nakanojo, Japan, 2017; Art Fair Malaga. Málaga, Spain, 2017; 'Bridge–Crossing & Conversation', Galleria Totem il Canale Venice, Italy, 2016; 'Line of Edge', ART· IN · GALLERY, Tokyo, Japan, 2016
- Spring Art Talks Programme, University of the Creative Arts (UCA), Canterbury, 2019
- Shortlisted, ModPortrait 4th Contest, Barcelona, 2017; Shortlisted, Artevistas Gallery Call to New Talents, Barcelona, 2015; First Prize, Artist Residency in Ayllón, Spain, 2015