Select a SchoolSchool of Arts & Humanities
Select a ProgrammePainting
Select a StudentAndrew Pierre Hart
Show RCA work
The Grid of the Secret Blueberries
Rhythmic hues, usually in blue, a series of paintings developed out of a technique mastered late at night and only painted in the late night hours, placed as markers from an experiment in cross-modality, the paintings may be seen as resulting experiments, histories, poems of a theory developed in my final thesis.
The video that plays 'The Grid Always Appears' is a fictional narrative and adult play that allows 'Sonic Ordering' (a theory developed in my final paper) to be thought or seen through.
School of Arts & Humanities
- +44 (0)7586 144169
- [email protected]
- [email protected]
My continual traversing of different mediums and art languages allows me space to explore and play, with an aim of pushing my paintings, which I describe as ‘Rhythmic hues usually in blue’ – as this already becomes lyrical or poetic, but also allows my paintings to be understood in a musical sense.
The main focus of my work is the symbiotic relationship between sound and painting, my practice an ongoing rhythmic research and play of improvised and spontaneous generative processes, through various mediums: sound, video, performance, found object and image, language, photography, collaboration and installation.
I am currently playing with ideas of obsession, social interaction and activation.
- BA Fine Art, Chelsea College of Arts, 2017
- Graduate internship: gallery technician, Chelsea College of Arts, London, 2018; Gallery technician, Lethaby Gallery, Central St Martins, London, 2018; 'Thinking Through Sound' workshop leader, Royal College of Art, London, 2018; Commissioned workshop, 'Fragmented Follies', PumpHouse Gallery, London, 2019; Exhibition technician, Central St Martins, London, 2017–19; Camera assistant, Larry Achiampong, London, 2018–19; 'Eq-Ual' – six week multi-disciplinary sound-based workshop, Chelsea College of Arts, London, 2018
- 'Up Is a Relative Concept', FOLDLAB, London, 2019; 'Guts Gallery', Ugly Duck, London, 2019; Group Show, Absinthe, Spit and Sawdust, London, 2019; 'Dear', Dyson Gallery, Royal College of Art, London, 2019; 'Liquin Live', Hoxton 253, London, 2019; College, House of Vans, London, 2019; 'Undercurrent', Northampton Contemporary, Northampton, 2019; 'Studio.us is an experiment', Gorvy Lecture Theatre, Dyson Gallery, London, 2018; Secret RCA, Royal College of Art, London, 2018; 'The Salamander Devours Itself Twice', Gallery 46, London, 2018; 'Extended Call', Subsidiary Projects, London, 2018; 'All Images From My Iphone', Matchstick Theatre, London, 2018; 'CI CHu bi Chu', Taichung City, Taiwan, 2018; Absinthe, London, 2018; 'Watch This Space', Wellness Centre, London, 2018; 'Open Dialogue', Central St Martins, London, 2018; 'An Idea for a Scene in a UK Gangster Film', Take Courage Gallery, London, 2018; 'Video Funk Poetry', Art Bar, Royal College of Art, London, 2018; 'Hardest Hue to Hold', HKS Architects, London, 2018; 'Thumbnails', Hockney Gallery, London, 2018; 'An Audience of Echoes', Hockney Gallery, Royal College of Art, London, 2018; Work-in-progress Show, Royal College of Art, London, 2018
- The Honourable Knights of the Round Table Fine Art Award, 2017; Longford Scholarship, 2014–19
- Leverhulme Arts Scholarship