Select a SchoolSchool of Design
Select a ProgrammeDesign Products
Select a StudentKyungmin Han
VRadient is a colour toolkit within Virtual Reality (VR) technology. VRadient allows users to perform dynamic and playful painting and interact swiftly with colours. The toolkit is designed to enhance users’ creative expressions to challenge conventional graphic interface and technologies. Each tool of VRadient is fully interactive with user’s virtual hands, as we can do in physical world.
This project explores potentials of virtual tools. It introduces a room of intriguing colour tools by demonstrating their functions and creative implementations. Fluent tool usability and customisable interface are the key focus of VRadient project. The project resulted a unique interaction that couldn’t be done either in physical environment or on 2D screen.
VR is greatly expanding its technological potentials and collaborating with different disciplines to increase its understandings and usefulness. However, the applications regarding basic VR interface are limited and uncultivated in commercial domain. Particularly, tool designs are lacking spatial associations and connectivity.
- How can we enhance VR experience by improving the relationship between the physical and digital world?
- How should Virtual tool be designed for better user experience?
- What is Product designer's role in the context?
This project attempts to speculate and investigate within this context to explore VR interface innovations and create playful toolkit for users.
School of Design
MA Design Products
Object Mediated Interactions Platform
Kyungmin Han is a motivated product designer, backgrounded in craft and manufacturing. He has earned a range of industrial design, engineering and making skills through his work experience in the industry.
He is also an interaction designer who tries to connect digital aspects with our physical sphere. He speculates and investigates within the context to explore digital product innovations for greater user experience.
- BA , Metal Art & Design, Hong-IK University, Seoul, South Korea, 2010
- Production coordinator & production manager, ROLI, London / Seoul, 2013–14; CAD Technician & design researcher, Design Infra, Seoul, 2010–11; Production assistant & designer, Metal Sound Design, Seoul, 2002-6
- Sound Object, London, 2015; Sónar+D, Barcelona, 2015
- Concept Design Winner, Reddot design award, 2011