Future Trends & Global Innovation
Dates: New dates will be announced soon
Duration: 1 day, spread over 2 half-days
- Day one 1–5pm
- Day two 9am – 1pm
This one-day executive masterclass is curated and hosted by the Royal College of Art and Future Agenda, which brings together views on the future decade from many leading individuals and organisations. An accelerated journey from insight to innovation, this highly interactive course mixes trend immersion, discussion of implications and development of future propositions.
We are witnessing a growing revolution around healthcare, which was named one of the key areas of growth identified in the UK industrial strategy. Building on previous research, Future Agenda has explored how better patient data will transform global healthcare, engaging over 300 experts in 12 key locations around the world.
The RCA Masterclass will be positioned around the topic of healthcare to stimulate ideas and inspire change, with in-depth case studies used to provide focus. By highlighting the key opportunities, challenges and emerging issues taking place globally, you will see how this insight is driving new innovation across a wide range of organisations across healthcare, pharma, insurance and tech. If this isn’t your industry then don’t worry – the healthcare lens is used here to facilitate broader learning outcomes about how to apply global foresight to your organisation and will be applicable for all participants.
What will I learn?
- How to identify emerging innovation opportunities
- How to apply global foresight to your organisation
- How to apply this knowledge to stimulate innovation
- Use of practical insight and immersion techniques
- Seeding challenge and action for change in your community
Personal and organisational benefits
- Access to leading practice in the practical application of global foresight
- Experience new tools, strategies and methods to stimulate innovation
- Understand the key shifts taking place and their implications
- Recognise emerging trends and associated opportunities
- Interact and network with peers from different backgrounds and expertise
How will I learn?
Learning takes place as a group of up to 24 participants and includes:
- Lecture by expert Dr Tim Jones with in-depth case studies and Q&A
- 2 x 3-hour workshop sessions
- Reflection and learning review
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in knowing more about the emerging future and in identifying significant innovation opportunities for them and their organisations through the application of leading edge techniques.
Previous participants have included:
- In-house R&D teams across all sectors
- Senior business leaders, including Chief Technical Officers, Chief Innovation Officers, Chief Marketing Officers, Chief Digital Officers
- Public-sector and third-sector business innovation teams
- Strategy leaders
- Policy makers and advisors
- Innovation directors or managers
- Business Development Directors
- Designers and entrepreneurs
- Research professionals
Dr Tim Jones is a recognised expert in innovation, growth and futures. An RCA alumnus and visiting lecturer at the College, he is the author/editor of ten books and a regular speaker on innovation leadership, growth platforms and future trends. For over twenty-five years he has worked with many leading multinationals, governments and universities identifying emerging opportunities. He has led major futures programmes with multiple governments and companies including Accenture, Amgen, Astra Zeneca, BP, HSBC, IHG, Mars, Pfizer, Philips, P&G, Shell, Tata, Thomson Reuters, Virgin and Vodafone.
View Dr Tim's LinkedIn profile
Sharing insights on the next decade gained via over 120 workshops conducted with 5,000 informed people across 35 countries, it is based on the premise that no-one knows for certain what will happen next, but by listening to and challenging multiple different views from around the world, we can all be more informed and so take better decisions.
Executive Education at the Royal College of Art
The Royal College of Art has years of experience creating custom senior-level courses and programmes for business, government and the public sector. Find out more here.
+44 (0)20 7590 4279
Please review our FAQs to keep up to date with the latest information about Coronavirus (Covid-19) and how it affects the RCA short courses.
Please register your interest to download the full course description.
"A unique collaborative event with world-leading insights on the future."Singapore
"The best overview of the key changes in the healthcare sector I have ever heard."Berlin
"Understanding what leaders around the world see will drive the major change was inspiring."London