Creative Leadership: Making the Case for Design
Led by Rama Gheerawo, Director of the Helen Hamlyn Centre for Design, this executive workshop will give you the tools you need to communicate design clearly and help address personal and organisational barriers, as well as the language to become a ‘design ambassador’ and demonstrate the value of design to those around you. In particular, the course will focus on the value of inclusive and people-centred design. It aims to help you become a better communicator of design, and to use the visual language and thinking processes of design to convince key stakeholders in your company, ensuring that design and inclusive design are a valued part of your innovation process.
Duration: 1 day
Personal and organisational benefits
- Access to world-class experts in design process and thinking.
- Return to your organisation with new tools, strategies and methods to foster innovation.
- Return to your organisation with greater ability to work collaboratively.
- Interact and network with peers from different backgrounds and functions.
- Experience critical, creative and insightful thinking.
- Practice ideation and visualisation skills to realise design innovations.
- Empathic understanding of users / customers.
What will I learn?
- Tools, language and frameworks to develop a personal approach to becoming a ‘design ambassador’.
- How to use the language of design in the boardroom.
- How to use design as a mediator discipline within a project or organisation, exploiting design’s capacity to draw together multidisciplinary teams.
- How to make sense of research data and evaluate insights that are important or inspiring.
- How to create an evidence-base of human stories to supplement marketing statistics and data.
- How to build ‘insight banks’: creating an evidence base of people-centred research to add business value.
- The role and value of qualitative research in the business process.
- Online resources that you can use and start to benefit from immediately.
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in the application of design thinking for innovation, including:
- Chief design officers
- Creative directors
- In-house R&D teams
- Business developers
- Senior managers
- Sales and marketing teams
Register your interest to download the full course description.