Creative Leadership: Innovating with People
Led by Rama Gheerawo, Director of the Helen Hamlyn Centre for Design, this executive workshop focuses on people-centred ‘design thinking’ as a strategy for innovation. It demonstrates the corporate value of listening to, observing and participating with users. It is relevant to anyone wanting to increase their innovation potential through a people-centred approach, including business leaders, NGOs, sales and marketing professionals, entrepreneurs and educators. Case studies from across the globe will be used to demonstrate relevance and innovation value of methods for using design thinking as a strategy for innovation through involvement of the end user or customer.
Duration: 1 day
Personal and organisational benefits
- Access to world class experts in design process and thinking.
- Return to your organisation with new tools, strategies and methods to foster innovation.
- Return to your organisation with greater ability to work collaboratively.
- Interact and network with peers from different backgrounds and functions.
- Experience critical, creative and insightful thinking.
- Practice ideation and visualisation skills to realise design innovations.
- Learn prototyping skills.
- A more advanced understanding of users / customers.
What will I learn?
- Design thinking in a people-centred context.
- How to build a vision for your organisation, and ensure that your initial ideas have relevance to the real world.
- How to create a strategy for your own personal development to improve your skillset in this area.
- How to develop creative ideas quickly.
- Experience first-hand how to frame issues and solve them in a business context.
- Introduction to advanced foundation methods, such as 'design provocations', which form a central part of people-centred design thinking.
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in the application of design thinking for innovation, including:
- Chief design officers
- Creative directors
- In-house R&D teams
- Business developers
- Senior managers
- Sales and marketing teams
Register your interest to download the full course description.