Creative Leadership: Closer to Your Consumer
Led by Rama Gheerawo, Director of the Helen Hamlyn Centre for Design, this executive workshop will introduce advanced techniques for people-centred design approaches, to help you get closer to your customers. Aiming to increase your innovation potential within a business environment, the course uses proven methods developed at the RCA to ensure contributors are valued as part of the innovation process. Demonstrating the direct relevance of these approaches to business, the course will teach you skills you can start to use the next day.
Duration: 1 day
Personal and organisational benefits
- Access to world-class experts in design process and thinking.
- Return to your organisation with new tools, strategies and methods to foster innovation.
- Return to your organisation with greater ability to work collaboratively.
- Interact and network with peers from different backgrounds and functions.
- Experience critical, creative and insightful thinking.
- Practice ideation and visualisation skills to realise design innovations.
- Learn prototyping skills.
- Empathic understanding of users / customers.
What will I learn?
- How to map stakeholders and users, introducing the concept of ‘lead users’.
- How to create a strategy for conducting research with people and methods for taking this forward.
- How to develop criteria for selecting users/customers for research.
- Experience of a first-hand understanding of what it is like to be of a different age or have different abilities.
- Introduction to two foundation methods, ‘observation’ and ‘interview’ which form a central part of people centred design thinking.
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in the application of design thinking for innovation, including:
- Chief design officers
- Creative directors
- In-house R&D teams
- Business developers
- Senior managers
- Sales and marketing teams
Register your interest to download the full course description.