Heads of Programme Welcome
GID is a multidisciplinary, transnational Programme and graduates are awarded both an MA from the Royal College of Art (RCA) and an MSc from Imperial College London (ICL). It is jointly run by the two institutions, and each student also spends two terms overseas at two of our global partners – either at Keio University in Tokyo followed by the Pratt Institute in New York, or at Tsinghua University in Beijing followed by Nanyang Technical University in Singapore – each contributing to a rich mix of perspectives on design, engineering, business and culture.
The Programme supports a collaborative approach that involves multidisciplinary teams working to combine skills in design and technology to solve real world challenges. Immersed in a mix of global cultures, our graduates become experts in the observation, operation and synthesis of cultural insights and go on to be unique innovators.
The Programme offers:
- a double Master’s: MA and MSc
- a diverse and international programme of study and interdisciplinary cohort
- an opportunity to work on developing personal interests, with routes to impact through enterprise and commercialisation support
- leadership skills for design-related enterprises operating in international environments
- an alumni network in international corporations, global consultancies as well as new self-started enterprises.
"GID offers a new global style of learning and unique educational and cultural experiences designed to meet the changing needs of enterprise in the twenty-first century."