Acting Head of Programme Welcome
The work that emerges from our programme reflects Jewellery & Metal’s philosophy of an expanded creative practice that nurtures individual artistic development and professional positioning.
The work that emerges from our Programme reflects Jewellery & Metal’s philosophy of an expanded creative practice that nurtures individual artistic development and professional positioning.
We encourage an open-minded approach in the interpretation of the subject. Our belief in objects as embodiments of thinking demands each student find their own angle and artistic/ professional voice.
Traditional and contemporary materials and processes are deployed in the creation of works that address fundamental human needs and desires, and which contribute to the expanded field of object culture.
Ultimately, we hope that the work of each student will in their own way make a small contribution to the way we live and express who we are – or who we want to be.
The Programme offers:
- support from a dedicated and diverse academic and technical team
- exploration of the rich and diverse field of adornment and objects
- the opportunity to find your own angle on the subject
- the chance to think through materials and making, while learning to be resourceful
- both analogue and digital tools and facilities.
"We believe in the power of material and its potential to express ideas and provide solutions to emerging needs."