The Graduate Diploma Art & Design prepares students for Master’s study in Art and Design. The programme focuses on developing proficiency in the discursive languages and independent learning methods and practices of art and design, and on introducing students to the role and influence of art and design in the world today.
The programme aims to make its participants better informed about the study options available to them, as well as the possible career paths that they might follow beyond graduation.
The programme will be interdisciplinary in nature, mirroring the experience of Master’s study at the RCA, however Graduate Diploma students will be invited to select a specialism at enrolment from the following areas: Communication; Fine Art; Humanities; Fashion & Textiles, and Product, Interiors & Spatial Design.
The programme offers:
- The opportunity to specialise in one of five practice-led disciplines
- Development of a final portfolio that can be used for application to further postgraduate study or direct employment
- Guaranteed progression to an RCA MA programme subject to final classification and availability of places
- A unique and interdisciplinary studio-based learning experience
- Development of English language proficiency
- An introduction to the learning methods required for postgraduate study
The Graduate Diploma offers 120 credits at FHEQ Level 6 and is a 30-week programme of full-time study