Kim Young Lundstroem Kilde
Oscillation, Simulacra and Out of Body Experience -The Disembodied Vision of the Avant-garde.
This MPhil/Ph.D. project in Fine Arts Research explores Out of body experience, OBE, as an inherent and fundamental factor in visual art through modernity and the avant-garde.
By focus on simulacra and oscillation, the project deals with notions of amputation, absences and doubles, i.e. a view on visual art as a prosthetic extension of the body.
In the theoretical part of the project, it will further be investigated, how OBE arises through the movement of neural oscillation* and as a consequence provoke the production of simulacra* and reveal the nature of the image, both in perception, in memory and in projection.
School of Arts & Humanities
+45 22 56 65 45
I am working in the visual arts field with focus on simulacra, science fiction and out of body experience. My media is painting in expanded field, concept and installation.
At the present I am active well in the artist group Lehman Brothers, where we explore desire, finance, post-apocalypse and power.
- MFA, Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, Schools of Visual Art; BFA, Gerrit Rietveld Academie
- Lehman Brothers 2012 - 2016; The Municipal Foundation For Visual Arts, Copenhagen; Faurschou Foundation, Copenhagen 2014; SALT Galata, Istanbul; The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts - Tutor MA Thesis
- Lehman Brothers- Ballistic First Movers, Ok Corral, Copenhagen 2016; Lehman Brothers - Surfing' the Bucharest Billboards, Bucharest Biennale 7, 2016; Lehman Brothers - Squashing, Sydhavn Station, Copenhagen 2014 - 2015.
- Danish Arts Foundation Prize - Lehman Brothers- Ballistic First Movers
- The Simulacra and the Eternal Recurrence - Mineral Imagery in Mantegna and Hirschhorn - 2011, 69 pages, MA Thesis; Afgang 2011, Nikolaj Kunsthal, Copenhagen; Rundgang 2010, The Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts