Research at the RCA
RCA staff and research students specialise in high-quality research in art and design that has substantial impact – in creative, cultural, social and economic terms – as well as global reach.
Attracting millions of pounds of funding in research grants and from business and industry collaborations, RCA research spans the Schools of Architecture, Arts & Humanities, Communication and Design, as well as a growing number of interdisciplinary research centres.
Follow the links below to find out more about:
- The Research Environment and Support available to our staff and students.
- The Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014, in which the College was ranked as the most research-intensive art and design research environment to be found in the UK, gaining more 4* ratings in the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014 than any of its specialist competitors.
- Major research funders and global business partners, who are willing to invest in the creativity, innovation and ability to make a difference in the world that characterises our work.
- Our Directory of world-renowned academics and researchers, whose areas of expertise span the creative industries, from art, design, communication and the humanities to architecture, innovation, emerging technologies and new materials.
- The Research Committee, chaired by the Director of Research, is responsible for all aspects of RCA staff and student research, including the implementation of the College Research and Knowledge Exchange Strategy and funding and recruitment initiatives.
Research at the RCA
Research Environment & Support
We offer our researchers the best environment and resources to develop and promote their research within the fields of art and design
Research Excellence Framework (REF)
Results and impact case studies from the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014
Research Funders & Partners
Research at the RCA is supported by major research funders and global business partners
Directory of Experts
Index of the RCA's staff of world-renowned academics and researchers and their areas of expertise
The Research Committee is responsible for all aspects of RCA staff and student research
2-6 Jay Mews
London SW7 2EP
+44 (0)20 7590 4214