In 2007, the DFOFS Awards scheme, attracted over 100 RCA second-year students from 12 RCA departments.
In the autumn term over 100 students attended the awards launch and 102 applications were received. In the spring term 52 projects were shortlisted and introduced to user research methodology through user forums and seminars and in the summer term user research was transformed into creative design. Twenty six projects were chosen as finalists.
There were two new awards in 2007. The first was sponsored by Michael Peters, Chairman and Executive Creative Director of Identica and the second by CABE, which was the government’s adviser to improve building design. Together with the other long-term sponsors, there were eight awards in total:
- Big Idea Award for Inclusive Communication
- CABE Award for Inclusive Environment
- Future Foundation Award for Inclusive Design Process
- Help the Aged Award for Independent Living
- Michael Peters Award for Multi-disciplinary Collaboration
- Mobility Choice Award for Independent Mobility
- Helen Hamlyn Award for Creativity
- Snowdon Award for Disability Projects