We recognise the increasing challenges faced by graduates when trying to find employment. We offer a series of interactive workshops and events involving experts. These events are sequenced to enable students wishing to seek employment gain skills and confidence over the course of the year.
- Working internationally
- Getting the perfect job
- Finding the right career
- Employer's event
Blackburn Creative Seminars
We also host guest career-orientated seminars featuring guest speakers from key sectors of the creative industries. These seminars involve speakers outlining their sector, career journeys and lessons they have learnt.
- Blackburn Creative Seminar I: An audience with Vogue International Editor Suzy Menkes
- Blackburn Creative Seminar II: Talk Film with Clare Beavan and Alison Dominitz
- Blackburn Creative Seminar III: Founder and Creative Director Designers Guild, Trica Guild OBE
- Blackburn Creative Seminar IV: Alison Jackson, Photographer
- Blackburn Creative Seminar V: Ian Blatchford, Director of Science Museum Group
Employability Summer Schools
This summer, InnovationRCA, will be delivering two summer schools around the topic of Employability.
20-21 July Employability Summer School: Going for It - Setting up a Creative Practice
Seminars and practical workshops in setting up as a creative freelancer.
25 July Employability Summer School: Getting the Right Job
A one-day summer school which will help you navigate the often difficult world of employment. You will gain the skills and knowledge needed to help you find and get the perfect job.