Criticism and Curating in Art & Design
Led by a team of historians, writers, researchers, critics and curators, the course combines lively critical debate with practical, hands-on activities taught in the environment of an art school studio. As well as providing a lively forum for learning, debate and hands-on activity in a collaborative atmosphere, the course offers the opportunity to gain personal, one-to-one support and advice from our faculty of experts.
Dates: Monday 17–21 July
Duration: 1 week
Fee: student £950 / Professional £1,100
What will I learn?
- Engage with current debates in art and design.
- Explore contemporary critical and curatorial thinking.
- Understand how exhibitions are conceived, pitched, researched and delivered.
- Develop review writing skills.
- Work in teams to pitch exhibition ideas.
Who should attend?
- Arts graduates
- Early and mid-career professionals from the cultural sector
- Arts programmers
- Basic fluency in English
- An application consisting of your CV and a 500-word statement explaining relevant professional and/or academic experience