Space for Thought: Creating Workplaces for Innovation
This one-day executive masterclass led by Professor Jeremy Myerson, the RCA’s Helen Hamlyn Professor of Design, examines the development of the modern office – past, present and future – providing a blueprint for successful office design through a combination of new ways of working and new models of workspace design, based on best-practice case studies around the world and leading-edge academic research.
Duration: 1 Day
Personal and organisational benefits
- Access to global best practice in workplace design.
- Return to your organisation with tools, strategies and methods to improve the workplace.
- Return to your organisation with greater ability to work collaboratively.
- Experience critical, creative and insightful thinking.
- Practice ideation and visualisation skills to realise design innovations.
- Develop empathic understanding of users in the workplace.
- Interact and network with peers from different backgrounds and functions.
What will I learn?
- Practical tools and concepts to understand the needs of your knowledge workers.
- Tools, strategies and methods to improve your working environment as a hub for innovation.
- Historical development of the workplace.
- Current trends in workplace design.
- Priority areas for improvement.
- Insights into employee wellbeing and productivity.
- Rapid ethnographic techniques.
- Managing the needs of the knowledge economy.
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in improving the workplace environment through the application of new design thinking, including:
- Senior business, operational and facilities managers
- Corporate real estate and property teams
- Public-sector and third-sector business innovation teams
- In house R&D teams across all sectors
- Sales and marketing teams