Design Thinking & Innovation
This one-day executive masterclass led by Professor Jeremy Myerson, the RCA’s Helen Hamlyn Professor of Design, will cover five main areas: the emergent role of design within the landscape of innovation; combining convergent and divergent thinking; the real world versus the world of ideas; the power of visualisation; and creating environments for innovation. Using case studies and innovation stories, the masterclass will explore a mix of stimulating new ideas and practical tools, negotiating the complex relationship between the concrete and the abstract, to enable an understanding of the purpose of design thinking in promoting innovation, and the benefits to an organisation.
Dates: 9 September 2016
Duration: 1 day
Personal and organisational benefits
- Access to global best practice in design process and thinking.
- Experience new strategies to put innovation into practice.
- Return to your organisation with greater ability to work collaboratively.
- Experience critical, creative and insightful thinking.
- Practice ideation and visualisation skills to realise design innovations.
- Learn empathic understanding of users / customers.
- Interact and network with peers from different backgrounds and functions.
What will I learn?
- Introduction to design thinking.
- Real-world applications of design thinking and its outcomes.
- Strategies for sharpening innovation thinking, evaluating and prioritising ideas.
- Strategies for exploring alternative positions and improving decision making.
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in transforming their organisation through the application of design thinking for innovation, including:
- In-house R&D teams across all sectors
- Public-sector and third-sector business innovation teams
- Innovation directors
- Senior business managers
- Sales and marketing teams
- Policy makers