Creative Leadership: Service and Social Innovation
Led by Rama Gheerawo, Director of the Helen Hamlyn Centre for Design, this executive workshop is relevant to anyone wanting to increase their innovation potential through a people-centred approach, including designers, educators, marketers and business people. Case studies will be used to demonstrate relevance and innovation value in three different areas – businessdriven, public-facing and community-centred. The course will balance individual learning with group exercises and use information resources (statistics, methods, short lectures) alongside inspiration (exercises, group work, first-hand experience).
Duration: 1 day
Personal and organisational benefits
- Access to world-class experts in design process and thinking.
- Return to your organisation with new tools, strategies and methods to foster innovation.
- Return to your organisation with greater ability to work collaboratively.
- Interact and network with peers from different backgrounds and functions.
- Experience critical, creative and insightful thinking to benefit you personally and organisationally.
- Practice ideation and visualisation. skills to realise design innovations
- Learn prototyping skills.
- Empathic understanding of users / customers.
What will I learn?
- Knowledge of what service design is and how to use, represent, apply and talk about it as a strategy to clients and colleagues.
- How a people-centred approach can benefit business practice.
- What social innovation is, and how it is relevant to creative approaches today.
- How your organisation can benefit both mainstream consumers and those who are at the margins of consideration due to age, ability, gender, economic, social circumstance, etc.
- How to use tools to effect change within your organisation and your personal practice.
- Advanced methods in using these strategies and processes in a business context.
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in the application of design thinking for innovation, including:
- Chief design officers
- Creative directors
- In-house R&D teams
- Business developers
- Senior managers
- Sales and marketing teams