16 December 2020 to 18 December 2020
Join us for Earthseeds – an exploration and celebration of the work of our MA City Design and MA Environmental Architecture graduate class of 2020 at the School of Architecture, with work and profiles hosted on 2020.rca.ac.uk.
Spanning three days, Earthseeds is led by the student community from both graduating cohorts, and features talks, conversations, performances and group discussions, focusing on issues of care, the environment, technology, climate and social justice.
The title, Earthseed, is in reference to Octavia Butler’s book Parable of the Sower. To sow, to care, to adapt, to persist in the face of adversity and to change: a story that speaks to the uniqueness of this year and to our students’ capacity for adaptation and creativity even in the most difficult circumstances.
This is our first graduation show to take place online – the RCA2020 platform provides a profile of the work of each graduate, and their work is showcased using a range of dynamic formats.
Delve into their work and explore the platform by searching graduate names or browsing by Programme or exploring topical themes told through stories.
Earthseeds presents six separate events over three days:
- Earthseed #01 - This event is a celebration of the work produced by the MA City Design and MA Environmental Architecture students at the School of Architecture, Royal College of Art.
- Earthseed #02 - A Conversation with Kali Akuno of Cooperation Jackson
- Earthseed #03 - 'The Cleaner Your Whole House Will Be' with Jessika Khazrik
- Earthseed #04 - Curators Anna-Sophie Springer and Maria McLintock in conversation with students from the MA Environmental Architecture.
- Earthseed #05 - Architects Stavros Stavrides and Tiago Mota Saraiva in conversation with students from the MA City Design
- Earthseed #06 - Collecting Voids: An educational literary dialogue between Environmental Architecture and City Design
And you can view all of the Earthseed events on Eventbrite here.