25 April 2020 to 24 May 2020 | The online showcase will go live on 25 April 17:00 BST continuing until late May.
This event is online.
302_Redirect is a multi-disciplinary showcase of work created and curated by students of the RCA's MA Contemporary Art Practice. Made in immediate response to their own exploratory practices, amidst the newly pressing and uncertain techno-spherical art world, the originally physical exhibition has temporarily redirected itself into the virtual realm, for a 4-week durational series of online events, exploits and exposés.
Whilst 302_Redirect will be circulated and hosted through various alternative platforms, the online project will bedrock itself with its own website, representing each participating artist's work and biography. The site’s homepage will exist in a state of constant thematic flux – its structure evolving week upon week – a conversation sub-section will provide a platform for anonymous public discourse on what the works are, and how the project as a whole performs. The website will go live 25 April at 5pm.
Expanding from its website, 302_Redirect is also collaborating with a number of pre-established organisations. On 27 April, 4–6pm, an amalgam of audio works will be broadcast on Montez Press Radio – an open-public, experimental platform for interventional transmissions and community building amongst artists across the globe, originally established in 2018 in New York City.
Timeline (more events to be added)
- The website goes live – 25 April at 5pm
- Sound works on Montez Press Radio– 27 April, 4–6pm
- Instagram Residency/Takeover [@low_res_camera_roll] – 27 April – 3 May
- Moving Image works with ICA – 4–10 May
- Pre-recorded works with LUX – 11–17 May
- Live situations and talks with LUX – 14–16 May
- This is tomorrow – 15–17 May
- Symposium with Pil Kollectiv – 18–19 May
- South Kiosk – 18–24 May
- The Museum without a Public – 19th May