The academic structure of the College is based on four Schools offering 28 distinct programmes from September 2019, with associated research activities.
The College also has centres that focus on research, business links, innovation, development and enterprise.
The College's academic offer is supported by a number of administrative departments that work to enable and support the work of the College.
Schools and Programmes
School of Architecture
Dean: Dr Adrian Lahoud
For more information visit the School of Architecture pages.
School of Arts & Humanities
Dean: Professor Juan Cruz
For more information visit the School of Arts & Humanities pages
School of Communication
Dean: Dr Rathna Ramanathan
For more information visit the School of Communication pages.
School of Design
Dean: Professor Paul Anderson
For more information visit the School of Design pages.
RCA staff and research students specialise in high-quality research in art and design that has substantial impact – in creative, cultural, social and economic terms – as well as global reach. Attracting millions of pounds of funding in research grants and from business and industry collaborations, RCA research spans the Schools of Architecture, Arts & Humanities, Communication and Design, as well as a growing number of interdisciplinary research centres:
- Helen Hamlyn Centre for Design an international leader in people-centred and inclusive design addressing pressing social challenges
- Healthcare Innovation Exchange (HELIX) Centre, a collaboration between the RCA and Imperial College London, based in a large NHS hospital in London. The HELIX Centre uses design-led approaches to translate research into innovative solutions addressing frontline healthcare challenges and embedding designers in a clinical environment
- Intelligent Mobility Design Centre, a multidisciplinary research centre working with major industry partners, including Hyundai-Kia, to explore design-led innovations addressing the future of transportation design and urban mobility
- Burberry Material Futures Research Group, applying design-led approaches alongside science, technology and engineering insights to develop innovations in sustainable and smart materials, to transform consumer experiences and advance manufacturing
- The RCA-IIS Tokyo Design Lab is a research collaboration between the RCA and the University of Tokyo, and brings together creatives, scientists and engineers, working together to develop meaningful and deployable innovations.
Administrative & Support Departments
Departments can be contacted by calling +44 (0)20 7590 4444 or through the following direct email addresses:
Academic Development Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Buildings & Estates: email@example.com
Information, Learning & Technical Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IT Services: email@example.com
- Library: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Collections: email@example.com
Communications & Marketing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources: email@example.com
Student Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students' Union: email@example.com
Vice-Chancellor's Office: firstname.lastname@example.org