MA Entrance Requirements
Candidates for all MA courses are assessed on their existing qualities as demonstrated in their work and in their interview, as well as on their potential to benefit from the programme and to achieve MA standards overall. The assessment will consider: creativity, imagination and innovation evident in the work; ability to articulate the intentions of the work; intellectual engagement in relevant areas; appropriate technical skills; and overall interview performance, including oral use of English.
- You must possess a good undergraduate degree (or non-UK equivalent qualification) in metalwork, jewellery or a related subject, for example textiles, sculpture, architecture or industrial design. Your application should be supported by good academic references and you should possess a range of practical skills. Equivalent professional experience or apprenticeships are also taken into account.
- Applications may be considered from candidates without formal training and/or qualifications in other subjects, but you must clearly demonstrate a passion for our subject area.
All candidates are required to submit a portfolio of work to be assessed by the programme’s senior staff team and student representatives.
- The folio should show the range of your creative and technical abilities, communicate your inspirations and ideas – most importantly, it should demonstrate how you think.
- Please submit up to ten digital images of finished work or work in progress. Each main image can be accompanied by up to six supporting images of relevant visual research or preparatory work, such as 3D models, drawings, sketchbook scans or contextual references that are relevant to your creative thinking.
- Images must be in JPG or PNG format (2MB max, and we prefer 1024 x 768 pixels or greater) or videos in MOV, MP4 or M4V (80MB max) format.
Interview (if invited)
- You should bring a selection of your submission in its physical form, including finished pieces and workbooks.
- Please bring examples of additional work, completed or in-progress since your original application.
Online Applications are now open. The deadline for priority applications is 13 January 2016.
If you are considering applying to the College, you can prepare for your application by researching the academic programmes offered by each of the Schools, and accessing the Tuition Fees and Funding Support information available. The College provides a number of bursaries towards fees and the costs of living in London. They are available to home and EU students on a competitive basis. For further details, please see Financial Help.
Cross College Requirements
For full details of cross-College entrance requirements and portfolio requirements (if applicable), see MA Entrance Requirements.
"We seek to recruit students who are talented, enthusiastic, energetic and professionally minded, with an open and critical approach to design and making."